Campaigns for Cumberland University can be unrestricted - allowing the university to apply the funds where they are needed most - or they can be designated to support any of the specific university initiatives or entities listed below.
- A campaign to support the University's most needed priorities via The Fund for Cumberland. Such campaigns will have a broad and immediate impact on the lives of Cumberland's students by enriching academic programs, enhancing facilities, improving technology, and augmenting the University's General Scholarship Fund.
- A campaign to establish a scholarship that will help Cumberland students realize their dreams of a quality college education and help to secure the University's future. An endowed scholarship can be established with a minimum of $25,000. An expendable named scholarship can be established with a minimum of $1,000.
- A campaign to boost an existing scholarship or endowed fund.
- A campaign to support Cumberland athletics. Such campaigns can raise funds for the general athletics fund, for athletic academic support, or one of Cumberland's 19 men's and women's sports programs and clubs.
- A campaign to strengthen one of the University's three schools: the School of Humanities, Education, and the Arts, the Labry School of Science, Technology, and Business, or the Rudy School of Nursing and Health Professions.
- A campaign to bolster a specific academic program.
- A campaign to enhance the cultural aspect of Cumberland students via approved student life programs.
- A campaign to support a student organization.
Campaigns must be consistent with Cumberland University's stated mission, purpose, and priorities and must be approved by the appropriate supervisor. Campaigns must not violate the terms of the university's corporate charter, be unduly burdensome to administer, pose an unacceptable risk of liability to Cumberland University, or benefit a specific Cumberland University employee or student.